Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Delish Baby


Rach,

Thanks for making me feel better about my travel-departure struggles. Once again, this is just highlighting our shared genes.

Your Rebar Curry looks awesome. I also find the idea of making a curry paste daunting, but with your guidance I'm going to give it a go. When I saw cilantro on your list of ingredients I started to get excited. Every year around this time I get enthused about planting, and a good herb really gets me ready to dip my hands into the manure bag. Planting I can do- it's the weeding and upkeep that I struggle with. Fortunately for me I have found that Chilliwack is much more forgiving in the green thumb department than Calgary. In Alberta one needs to have that gardening gift (translation:diligence) in order to produce food for the table. In Chilliwack it takes some good soil, lots of watering, and a mother-in-law that manages a garden centre. Last year we had such a bumper crop of cherry tomatoes that even Mike, of the I-don't-eat- fruit-or-anything-that-might-resemble-a-fruit, was bragging. So yesterday, in anticipation of summer days, and summer eats, Finn and I planted our first seeds of the season, snap peas, regular peas, and Swiss chard.

I'm not actually giving a recipe today, though I have lots to impart - during nap times right now I am busy dipping into my stash of peanut butter brownies, and I made the worlds easiest filo spinach quiche for dinner tonight.. but more on those later. I just wanted to show off the more delicious offering that my house has to offer. Couldn't you just take a good nibble on those cheeks?

Oh, and yes, I will be making hot crossed buns. This year I am really going overboard and am planning on adding some diced apple to the dough. I'm also going to follow the overnight garage rising method - why you ask? Overnight guests of course! I'm not sure if Finn is more excited to see Grandma, Grandpa, or Josie. If any of our readers are still with me, I am including a link from last year's Hot Cross Buns.

2 comments:

  1. i can't wait to make those cinnamon buns! more importantly, i can't wait to kiss those cheeks!!
    r2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well
    written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information.

    Thanks for the post. I'll definitely comeback.
    Here is my web site ... garden centre staging

    ReplyDelete