It's only a matter of time before we develop webbed feet and gills over here in Chillwack. As the rain comes down the kiddies and I have turned to kitchen pursuits, dance parties, and indoor playgroups to maintain our sanity. Yesterday we made your latest bread offering, and I am already adding it to our regular rotation. I was out of maple syrup so I swapped honey with fabulous results.
Finn and I have developed a new treat - banana pops. This is a child-friendly, though definitely not mess-free, activity.
To make 4 pops:
(this only makes enough for 2 people - it's impossible to have only one each)
1) Cut 2 bananas in half. Insert a popsicle stick or a popsicle holder into the cut sides.
2) Melt 1/3 cup of chocolate chips and 1/3 cup of natural peanut butter together in the microwave.
3) Dip/spread bananas in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture.
4) Roll in coconut (could also use chopped nuts or crushed cereal)
5) Freeze on parchment - I use silicon liners.
6) Barricade the freezer from yourself and any little ones - better yet, spend 20 minutes getting everyone in to rain gear, 15 minutes splashing in puddles, and another 10 minutes changing into dry socks and pants. The pops won't be quite frozen solid yet but at that this point you won't care.
Right, Rach, talking about myself again. I'm sure Caleb can get on his own rain gear.